Thursday, September 15, 2011

September 2011

Sweetheart:
It's been a few months, but please rest assure I've been thinking about your blog everyday. I just downloaded the blogger app to my iPhone, to make it easier to write to you when the mood strikes, which is usually at bedtime.

You are are amazing. I'm always telling people how incredible and wonderful and funny you are. Right now at two years and two and a half months you can say all of your abc's from beginning to end. And you can count to 13. When we starting learning the abc's I would say a letter and you'd repeat it, usually correctly, and when I got to "u" you would say "me". it was so damn cute. Now you know the whole alphabet and the song that goes with it.

Your favorite songs are the abc song, the wheels on the bus song, marching ants, sunshine, twinkle twinkle little star, bumblebee and a bunch of others. You love to sing! I sing a good night song to you everyone before bed after a bath and a book. You always say "one more" and the more drawn out and tired you say it, the sleepier I know your getting. Lately I've been singing amazing grace. It usually puts you right out.

You've started playing with barbies, and barbie houses and barbie clothes. you've told me that they are not babies, they are barbies. Got it! You eat almost everything we give you, so we try to stick to stuff we know you like to give you a little break. Your grandparents are absolutely spoiling you.

Monday and Tuesday during the week, your with them; wed-thurs your at kids camp, and Friday you get your dad, all day!

Samantha: you are the sweetest, most loving little girl a mommy and daddy could ever ask for. We are so blessed to be a family together. You tell us everyday "I love you", "your my best friend ever", and it never gets old.

Sometimes I worry about your attention span, and your temper. But i suppose that's normal. You are starting to make jokes, saying things to make us laugh. I love to make your daddy laugh. :)

This summer we've spent time at your grandpa dan's apartment pool going swimming. I got you some floaties so you can bob around, but it makes you a little insecure. You prefer hanging onto my neck. But you LOVE the water! Every time we go to dads house, you ask to go swimming. We have a bathing suit there for you, just in case. Both of my parents are completely in love with you, shower you with attention, and get a kick out of everything you say. It's nice. You speak so clearly and communicate so well, it's amazing! You are so smart! And so pretty. I would enter you into little girl pageants If I thought for a second you would conform to societal norms and smile on queue. but I think your above that.

You absorb absolutely everything! You are definitely a noticer like your dad. Everything that you're exposed to you file away like a little squirrel, to chew on later. It comes out in your play with your babies, sometimes unfortunately. Lol! You put them in "stime-out! For two minutes! For not listening!" "now sit dere!" ha ha ha!

Samantha, it's so hard for me to articulate how amazed I am by you. Everyday is filled with simple joy, and happiness and content. It's satisfying to hear you prattle on about something. Its wonderful to hear you speak, sing or boss. And yes, you are very bossy. We're still potty training, you get a sticker when you go, and it's so exciting! You love stickers and books and coloring and pretty things.

You are also a little mimicker. You do and say and try to be just like me or your dad. Its wonderful and cute!

I love you so much. It's almost unbearable. Your last weigh in at doc's was a couple of months ago- about 32 lbs. The doctor said you had chunky thighs. Rude. He said we may want to limit bad food ad try more protein and veggies. Were trying!

Your asleep in your crib next to our bed in our room, right now next to me. I can hear you breathing and I can't wait for the weekend, that's when we get to hang out all day and night.

I can't wait!

Mama

No comments: